Wool Laundry Workshop
This workshop is for anyone ready to scour their raw fleece.
Pre-Requisite: Fleeces brought to this workshop must be classed and skirted ahead of time. If you're not sure how to do this, sign up for Have You Any Wool?, and we'll do it together.
Class DescriptionAt the Wool Laundry we will:
- Scour up to two separate pre-skirted fleeces in our washroom.
- Learn what to expect from your fiber in processing.
- As your fiber soaks, we'll discuss the range of lanolin content, cleanliness and yield across a variety of breeds.
- The hands-on experience of this class will give you confidence to wash wool effectively at home.
- You will also leave with blending options and design possibilities well suited for the unique attributes in your wool.
- Class time is 2 hours. Space is limited and reservations are required.
Classes will be held at the Abundant Earth Fiber Mill washroom (map).